Smart solutions to keep drug costs lower
Plan sponsors need strategies to control rising health care costs across medical and pharmacy benefits. We offer flexible plan designs that allow them to take control by:
- Integrating medical and pharmacy benefits for ease of use and control
- Offering a choice among three-tier, four-tier and five-tier plan designs
- Letting plan sponsors decide what copay amounts make sense
- Helping to steer members to the best sites of care and preferred drugs
- Encouraging cost-saving behaviors through the Save a Copay® and Aetna Healthy ActionsSM Rx savings programs*
We make it easy
We make benefits easy to manage with one account management team that offers dedicated support. One team administers billing, eligibility and enrollment, giving a company’s benefits staff time to focus on other business priorities.
We make it easy to personalize pharmacy benefits, as well. We can evaluate the pharmacy needs and usage patterns of employees. Then we consult with clinicians to identify opportunities to save on costs and improve outcomes.
Aetna Pharmacy value story video
For more information, watch this video about the benefits of Aetna Pharmacy Management.
*Program availability varies by funding arrangement, service area and underlying plan. For instance, the Aetna Healthy Actions program is only available to eligible self-funded employers. The Save a Copay program is currently not available for commercial, fully insured members in Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Washington and Wisconsin. (Members in excluded states are based on network service area for HMO plans and contract state for PPO-based plans.)
For complete information on plans and products, including availability, details and brochures, please contact Aetna.