Find the right doctor with ease
Our performance networks make it easy for members to find the right doctor for them. The networks include specialists who have met extra standards of quality and efficiency. High-quality care at a reasonable cost: It’s what everyone wants.
Members can choose specialists from 12 categories, usually without a referral. They may even have lower out-of-pocket costs by choosing an Aexcel* specialist.
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Plastic surgery
- Vascular surgery
These are health care specialists who:
- Are part of Aetna’s network
- Meet industry-accepted practices for clinical performance
- Meet Aetna’s efficiency standards
Aexcel for 2016 and 2017
- Get an overview of the program.
- Find out more about how we choose specialists.
- Combine Aexcel with other Aetna products, including our consumer-directed Aetna HealthFund® plans.
- Search for Aexcel-designated specialists with our online directory ― just look for the star!
As part of our annual review and as a result of feedback we received from doctors, members and employers, we made changes to our Aexcel program.
- We have updated clinical performance measures with an effective date of January 1, 2016.
- We have updated the Aexcel Quality & Efficiency transparency screens on Aetna Navigator (the secure member website). Pages are enhanced and content is simplified. We have removed technical insurance terms. See a sample of the new screens.
- Again based on feedback, we have revised information to learn more about “*Aexcel” which is available in DocFind to remind members of how Aexcel works and the benefits of using an Aexcel designated doctor.
- We have also created a short video to help members see for themselves how visiting an Aexcel specialist can benefit them. This video can also be viewed by clicking on links in our Learn More content in DocFind.
- One of the clinical criteria for Aexcel designation is e-Prescribing. The Allscripts ePrescribe Platinum Edition is one of the e-Prescribing options available to Aetna participating doctors and it is free of charge through our agreement with CVS Caremark. It has a secure web-based feature to send prescriptions electronically to pharmacies.
We also have updated some documentation.
Your opinion is very important and will help us to improve our program. We have some questions that should take only a few minutes. Thank you in advance for your help!
*The Aexcel network is available only in select locations. Aexcel is not available with HMO benefits plans.
Aexcel information we offer you is intended to be only a guide for when you choose a specialist within the Aexcel specialist categories. There are many ways to evaluate doctor practices and you should consult with your existing doctor before making a decision. Please note that all ratings have a risk of error and, therefore, should not be the sole basis for selecting a doctor.
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans
Aetna Medicare is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. A Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. Plans are offered by Aetna Health Inc., Aetna Health of California Inc., and/or Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Not all health services are covered. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change each year. Participating physicians, hospitals and other health care providers are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Aetna. The availability of any particular provider cannot be guaranteed, and provider network composition is subject to change.
Aetna Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
A Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of subsidiary companies. Plans are offered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Aetna Pharmacy Management refers to an internal business unit of Aetna Health Management, LLC. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change each year.
Aetna Supplemental Retiree Medical Plan
NOTE: IN THE STATES OF COLORADO, KENTUCKY AND NEW YORK, THE NAME OF THIS GROUP HEALTH PRODUCT IS THE “AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN”. IN THE STATE OF KANSAS AND TERRITORY OF PUERTO RICO, THE NAME OF THIS GROUP HEALTH PRODUCT IS THE “AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN”. IN ALL OTHER STATES, THE NAME OF THIS GROUP HEALTH PRODUCT IS THE “AETNA SUPPLEMENTAL RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN” (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN”). THE AETNA SUPPLEMENTAL RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN/AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN/AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN (PLAN) IS NOT A MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT INSURANCE PLAN OR A MEDIGAP INSURANCE PLAN. This is an employer group retiree medical plan and may provide benefits that are different from a Medicare Supplement plan. Plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company. CHCS Services, Inc. is currently the third party administrator (TPA) for this Plan. You must meet the eligibility criteria established by your former employer and be enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B to be eligible to enroll in this plan. State benefit mandates may apply. This material is for informational purposes only. Plans contain exclusions and limitations. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between this material and plan documents, the terms of the plan documents shall govern. While this material is believed to be accurate as of the print date, it is subject to change.
Retiree Health Access® reserves the right to change or terminate benefit plans at any time. Retiree Health Access® and RHA® are registered marks of Health Care Policy Roundtable, LLC. Used under license with Health Care Policy Roundtable. All rights reserved.