Coverage for every stage of life
Aetna offers a variety of nationwide solutions for retiree health care. Whether the desire is to maintain benefits, exit coverage or any strategy in between, we have the right plan.
Aetna Medicare Advantage group plans
Highly satisfied members and top ratings for clinical quality make Aetna one of the Medicare Advantage carriers of choice:
- Overall, 94% of members are satisfied.*
- According to CMS, 99% of Aetna members are in contracts with at least 3.5 stars.**
- Aetna is rated #1 for clinical quality among national carriers by CMS.**
- HMO and PPO plans are available, including PPO with Extended Service Area (ESA) providing nationwide coverage.***
- Integrated medical and Medicare prescription drug coverage (medical-only plans also available).
- No employer subsidy required with some Medicare Advantage plans.
Standalone Aetna Medicare Prescription Drug (PDP) plans
- Wide range of coverage options
- Cost-effective alternative to commercial Rx plan taxes and administration
Aetna Supplemental Retiree Medical Plan†
- Covers certain out-of-pocket costs for Medicare-covered services that Medicare doesn't pay
- Available in most states
- No provider network — members can see any licensed health care provider who is eligible to receive Medicare payment
- A range of plan designs familiar to retirees
- Flexibility — plan can be purchased alone or with a stand-alone Aetna Medicare PDP plan
Aetna Traditional Choice® plan
- Covers certain out-of-pocket costs for Medicare-covered services that Medicare doesn’t pay
- Allows you to offer a similar indemnity plan to post-65 retirees and active employees
Pre-65 early retirees not eligible for Medicare
- We offer fully insured, guaranteed-issue pre-65 plans through our innovative retiree programs.
- We also offer individual plan options, including some that can be used with a health savings account.
*Based on an Aetna survey conducted with 2,057 Medicare Advantage plan members from group plan sponsor organizations, January 2011 to February 2012.
**Data based on 2013 Star Ratings data published by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Enrollment weighted based on CMS 2012 enrollment. Plan performance Star Ratings are assessed each year and may change from one year to the next.
***CMS Extended Service Area enrollment waiver requires that at least 51 percent of your retirees enrolled in the plan reside in Aetna’s MA-PPO network service areas.
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans
Aetna Medicare is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. A Medicare approved Part D sponsor. Plans are offered by Aetna Health Inc., Aetna Health of California Inc. and/or Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Not all health services are covered. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change each year. Participating physicians, hospitals and other health care providers are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Aetna. The availability of any particular provider cannot be guaranteed, and provider network composition is subject to change.
Aetna Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
A Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of subsidiary companies. Plans are offered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Aetna Pharmacy Management refers to an internal business unit of Aetna Health Management, LLC. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change each year.
Aetna Supplemental Retiree Medical Plan
†NOTE: IN THE STATES OF COLORADO, KENTUCKY AND NEW YORK, THE NAME OF THIS GROUP HEALTH PRODUCT IS THE “AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN.” IN THE STATE OF KANSAS AND TERRITORY OF PUERTO RICO, THE NAME OF THIS GROUP HEALTH PRODUCT IS THE “AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN.” IN ALL OTHER STATES, THE NAME OF THIS GROUP HEALTH PRODUCT IS THE “AETNA SUPPLEMENTAL RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN” (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN”).
THE AETNA SUPPLEMENTAL RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN/AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL PLAN/AETNA RETIREE MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN (PLAN) IS NOT A MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT INSURANCE PLAN OR A MEDIGAP INSURANCE PLAN. This is an employer group retiree medical plan and may provide benefits that are different from a Medicare Supplement plan. Plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company. CHCS Services, Inc. is currently the third-party administrator (TPA) for this plan. Members must meet the eligibility criteria established by their former employer and be enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B to be eligible to enroll in this plan. State benefit mandates may apply. This material is for informational purposes only. Plans contain exclusions and limitations. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between this material and plan documents, the terms of the plan documents shall govern. While this material is believed to be accurate as of the print date, it is subject to change.
Retiree Health Access® reserves the right to change or terminate benefits plans at any time. Retiree Health Access® and RHA® are registered marks of Health Care Policy Roundtable, LLC. Used under license with Health Care Policy Roundtable. All rights reserved.