Information tools & technology
The honors we’ve received for our innovative approaches to technology make us proud. It’s one key to building a better health care system.
- Healthagen, an Aetna company, was recognized as winner of the 2013 CIO 100 Award by CIO Magazine. The award honors 100 companies that exemplify the strategic partnership of IT and business.
- ActiveHealth Management, a Healthagen business, was awarded Platinum Honors for Health Care Consumer Engagement and Protection as part of the 2013 Quality Measurement and Data Analytics Best Practices Awards. The awards are given by URAC, a leading health care accreditation and education organization.
- ActiveHealth Management, a Healthagen business, received a Gold Web Health Award for the personalized health website MyActiveHealthSM in the category of Patient Education Portal Website. The goal of the Web Health Awards is to recognize high-quality digital health resources for consumers and health professionals.
- Aetna won the National Business Coalition on Health's 2013 eValue8 Innovation Award for the Member Payment Estimator tool. The award recognizes exemplary leadership and commitment in health care.
- Aetna was ranked #52 on InformationWeek's 2013 list of the 500 leading technology innovators, surging ahead of many of the top names associated with technological innovation. Aetna ranked first among health insurers.
- Aetna was named a 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate for its Sustainable Data Center and Technology initiative. The Computerworld Honors program recognizes visionary applications of information technology to drive business and social change.
- For the second consecutive year, Aetna in 2012 won a ClearMark Award from the Center for Plain Language for its online Aetna Benefit Advisor tool. Launched in 2009, the tool uses a friendly virtual advisor named “David” to help people make choices when buying a health plan.
- Aetna in 2012 also won a Center for Plain Language award of distinction for its simplified application process for people interested in buying individual health insurance.
- Aetna was named to the 2012 InformationWeek 500 – a list that identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology. Aetna was on the list in 2011 and was recognized in 2010 as well.