Commitment to diversity & inclusion
We embrace and celebrate diversity across our company and in the communities we serve. Many groups that serve diverse populations have recognized us for these efforts. Our recognitions and awards include:
- Aetna received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), related to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) workplace equality. Aetna is proud to have achieved a perfect score every year since the creation of the index 14 years ago—the only company to have done so in its industry.
- DiversityInc named Aetna once again to its Top 50 Companies for Diversity in 2016, calling Aetna “a mainstay on the top 50 list.”
- The Human Rights Campaign included Aetna in its 2016 Best Places to Work for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees – an honor Aetna has had each year since the list was created in 2002.
- Minority Business News (MBN USA) recognized Aetna among the 2016 Corporate 101: America’s Most Admired Corporations for Supplier Diversity for demonstrated commitment to growing and developing minority-owned enterprises and “positively impacting the manner in which our world does business.”
- For nine consecutive years, since 2008, an Aetna employee has been honored with the Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award – with two recipients recognized in 2011.
- For three years in a row, FlexJobs has listed Aetna in 100 Top Companies for Remote Jobs.
- For the 16th time, Aetna was named by The National Association of Female Executives as one of the 2015 NAFE Top 50 Companies for Executive Women. The list highlights companies whose practices identify and promote successful women.
- Aetna was named one of 2015 Women’s Enterprise Magazine (WE USA)’s Corporations of the Year, acknowledging corporate leaders with “a sustained effort to develop diverse businesses.” In addition, WE USA named Aetna as a Top 100 Leader in Corporate Supplier Diversity.
- Aetna’s transformative work in servicing non-English speaking clients was recognized in 2015 by the International Customer Management Institute’s award for best multicultural contact center.
- National Business Group on Health awarded Aetna its Innovation in Reducing Health Care Disparities Award in 2013 and 2014.