Aetna has been recognized by national organizations and publications for its achievements as a company, its commitment to diversity, its technology innovations, and for employment-related policies and programs.
- Aetna Chairman and CEO Mark T. Bertolini was named to Fortune’s 2015 list of The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders. The list recognizes men and women across the globe who are transforming business, government and philanthropy with the courage to pioneer.
- Mark T. Bertolini was ranked 25 on the 2015 Politico 50 list, which recognizes “the key thinkers, doers, and visionaries who are reshaping American politics.” Bertolini was described as a “wage warrior” for his efforts to improve wages and health benefits for thousands of Aetna employees.
- Mark T. Bertolini was named to Harvard Business Review’s 2015 list of the 100 Best-Performing CEOs in the world, an annual ranking that evaluates the long-term performance of the world’s leading CEOs.
- Mark T. Bertolini was named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare list in 2015. The list recognizes the most influential individuals in the industry in terms of leadership and impact. Modern Healthcare included Bertolini in the Top 10 in 2014.
- Aetna was recognized in 2014 as one of the most community-minded companies nationally in the "Civic 50" rankings. It was the third consecutive year Aetna earned the distinction.
- Aetna was ranked No. 18 by Barron’s in its list of the Best Companies for 2014 – up 200 places from last year. The jump reflects results from Aetna's growth strategy. This includes building a diverse business portfolio to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, expand into new marketplaces and lead the industry's transformation. Barron’s is a weekly newspaper that covers U.S. financial information, market developments and statistics.
- In 2014, for the fourth straight year, Aetna received a ClearMark award from the Center for Plain Language. Aetna won the award for the rewrite and redesign of the Aetna Medicare Advantage enrollment package.
- Aetna’s Disability Vocational Rehabilitation Department won the Dorland Health 2015 Case In Point Platinum Award for high-quality return-to-work services. In 2014, Aetna’s Disability Behavioral Health Unit won a Case In Point Platinum Award. The Case In Point Awards recognize professionals and organizations that demonstrate excellence across many different models and settings and work together to create safe, high-quality and sustainable health care.
- Aetna was honored by the National Business Group on Health with the 2014 Innovation in Reducing Health Care Disparities Award. We are a three-time recipient of the award.
- In its first report on accountable care payers, KLAS, an independent researcher of technology and solutions for the health care provider market, cited Aetna as having the most transformational relationships as compared to other payers. The findings were based on interviews with providers who have implemented accountable care models.
- Aetna has been named “Best International Private Health Insurance Provider” for 2013 by Professional Adviser, a leading publication for financial advisers and insurance brokers in the United Kingdom.
- Aetna received a 2013 Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles Platinum Award from the National Business Group on Health. Aetna has received the platinum award seven times and the gold award once for establishing “healthy weight, healthy lifestyles” programs with measurable documented outcomes.
- Aetna was named a winner of the inaugural CSO40 Awards in 2013 for its international governance, risk and compliance program, ensuring compliance with in-country security and privacy rules around the world.
- Aetna International has been recognized as “Health Insurer of the Year” for 2013 by MENA Insurance Review, the leading magazine covering the insurance sector in the Middle East and North Africa.
- For the fourth year in a row, Aetna Premier One's health concierge customer service call center has been recognized by J.D. Power and Associates for providing "An Outstanding Customer Service Experience."*
- Aetna was one of eight organizations to be recognized in 2012 by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), together with the White House Business Council and the National Business Group on Health, for its commitment to improving health care equality.
- Aetna and Silverlink Communications received a top award in Consumer Innovation at the 2012 TripleTree iAwards for Wireless Health for their text messaging program for members diagnosed with diabetes.
- Aetna, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School won the 2012 Award for Excellence by the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research for their research evaluating the impact of cost sharing on medication adherence, medical costs and health outcomes for targeted conditions.
- Aetna has been named a 2011 International Data Group InfoWorld Green 15 Awards winner for eliminating paper from the contracting process for health care professionals. Aetna is the first health insurer to offer electronic contract processing to doctors, hospitals and other health care facilities.
*For J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Call Center Certification ProgramSM information, visit www.jdpower.com.