Support for people taking specialty drugs
Aetna Specialty Pharmacy® medicine and support services is a mail-order pharmacy that dispenses specialty drugs. These drugs treat chronic conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer.
Your patients benefit from:
- Mail delivery to their home, doctor’s office, or anywhere they choose
- Safe handling, secure packaging and quick delivery, plus free standard shipping
- Tips and training on how to self-administer injectable drugs, and cope with possible side effects
- Ongoing support from a team of specialists to help them stick with your care plan
It's easy to order
- Complete a request form (below) for each patient.
- Fill in your delivery preferences.
- Fax your request to Aetna Specialty Pharmacy at 1-866-FAX-ASRX (1-866-329-2779).
Other pharmacy forms
You can find precertification forms for specialty drugs on our forms page.
We’ve also listed links to other information below.
A team approach
A representative from Aetna Specialty Pharmacy will contact your patient once you place an order. The patient will get a personal care plan. They also get a welcome packet included when they receive their first filled order from Aetna Specialty Pharmacy. If needed, we can work with members to coordinate home care services.
We call patients one week before a refill is due to schedule the next delivery. We check to see if patient still take the same drug or if they need any other help.
We also stay in touch with you so you know how your patient is doing between office visits.
Special care management programs
Some patients who take specialty drugs to treat certain chronic conditions might need extra support. That’s where the Aetna Specialty Health Care ManagementSM nurse team comes in. A nurse helps the patient to stay on track with treatment and manage side effects. Our program includes support for several conditions, including Crohn’s disease, Hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and transplants.