Submit electronic claims and get paid faster
Want to get paid faster? You can when you submit your claims electronically
You can submit medical claims in one of three ways:
- Through our secure provider website (free)
- Through a vendor (fees may apply)
- Through our Post-n-Track® solution (free)
Dentists can submit claims on our Aetna Dental® site.
National Provider Identifier (NPI)
The National Provider Identifier (NPI) improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the electronic transmission of health information. It replaces many numbers you may have previously supplied to payers on electronic claims, certifications and authorization transactions. This includes Medicare and Medicaid numbers, and other payer numbers.
We may ask you to submit clinical records before we pay a claim if the claim includes:
- A code appended with Modifier 22 (unusual procedural service). For example, we may request an operative report for surgical procedures or office notes for non-surgical procedures.
- An “unlisted code” as defined in the Index of CPT Codes under “unlisted services and procedures."
- A code from our list of non-specific codes.