Links to various non-Aetna sites are provided for your convenience only. Aetna Inc. and its subsidiary companies are not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or privacy practices of linked sites, or for products or services described on these sites.
Aetna complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Aetna does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Aetna provides:
Free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the number on your Aetna ID card.
If you believe that Aetna has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with our Civil Rights Coordinator at:
- Address: P.O. Box 14462 Lexington, KY 40512
- California HMO customers: PO Box 24030 Fresno, CA 93779
- Telephone: 1-800-648-7817 (TTY: 711)
- Fax: 1-859-425-3379 (CA HMO customers: 1-860-262-7705)
- Email: CRCoordinator@aetna.com
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal or by:
- Mail: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue
SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
- Phone: 1-800-368-1019
Or visit HHS.gov Office for Civil Rights for complaint forms.
Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of companies, including Aetna Life Insurance Company and its affiliates (Aetna).
Health benefits and health insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations.