Coverage you can count on
With Aetna, you get more than medical insurance. You get personalized care and a wealth of free or low-cost tools and products that empower you to manage and improve your health. Our medical benefits and insurance plans and services help you:
- Get more for your money
- Understand and take charge of your health
- Plan for the future and adjust your coverage as your needs change
It’s good to have options
We work with employers to help them provide products and services that are customized to fit the needs of their employees. Our plan types include:
Network-only medical benefits and insurance plans
Staying in network saves you money. With some plans, you will choose a primary care physician (PCP) who provides referrals to other doctors in your network. Other plans allow access to any network health care professional, with no referrals required.
Network option medical benefits and insurance plans
These plans allow you the flexibility to see licensed doctors both in and out of network, with or without seeing a PCP first.
Indemnity medical insurance plans
With no network and no referrals, you have the freedom to see whichever doctors you choose.
Medicare and retiree plans
We can help you make the most of your retirement. Whether you are approaching age 65 or are already eligible for Medicare, Aetna offers several solutions to help you prepare for the next stage of your life.
These plans generally have lower premiums. They pair a higher deductible with a health savings account (HSA).* An HSA lets you put aside money for medical costs and save money on your taxes in the process.Help to get back to work
More than just doctor visits
Along with coverage for you and your family, we offer:
- iTriage®, a free mobile app that puts YOU at the center of your health care. Quickly and easily live with health at hand, every day.
- Disease management programs that provide one-on-one support and can help you learn better ways of dealing with ongoing health conditions
- Online resources for researching conditions, estimating the cost of care based on your ZIP code, and seeing how much care costs can vary by provider
- Discounts on products and services, including eyewear, gym memberships, acupuncture, chiropractic care and weight-loss programs**
Health benefits and health insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations.
*HSAs are currently not available to HMO members in California and Illinois.
**Discount programs are not available in California on a pre-enrollment basis.