Security and Software Requirements
|Security and software requirements for using Dentists and Dental Health Care Professionals website:
- You must upgrade your browser to 128-bit encryption (see additional info below).
- Your browser must be configured to enable cookies (this is the default setting for version 4.0 or higher browsers).
- Your screen resolution should be set to 800 x 600 pixels (this is optional, but recommended).
|Browser support specific to EDI transactions accessible via this site:
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher is required.
- Mac® Users:
Access to Claim Submission, Claim Status Inquiry, Eligibility, Referral, Precertification and Downloadable/Text-Readable Electronic Remittance Advice is not supported.
- Other browser types (e.g., Mozilla Firefox) may also encounter issues in accessing these transactions.
|Upgrading your browser to 128-bit encryption: The links to Netscape and Microsoft provided below are for your use in downloading a 128-bit encryption upgrade. Aetna is not responsible for and does not endorse the content and browser update process provided by these websites.
Assistance is available Monday through Friday:
- What is Encryption?
- Encryption scrambles data into unintelligible characters based on a secret key. Encryption increases the level of security for the information you send from your browser over the Internet to the Dentists and Dental Health Care Professionals website. Most browsers support a minimum level of 40-bit encryption as well as a stronger 128-bit encryption level.
This site only supports 128-bit web browser encryption. Even though we use the more secure 128-bit encryption, there is a certain amount of risk involved in any Internet communication and Aetna cannot guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of information exchanged in this manner.
- How can you upgrade your browser to 128-bit encryption?
- The links to Netscape and Microsoft provided below can be used to download a 128-bit encryption upgrade.
- Netscape Communicator link:
Please note: Dentists and Dental Health Care Professionals website is accessible using Netscape Version 4.75 or higher.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer link:
Please note: Dentists and Dental Health Care Professionals website is accessible using Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or higher.
Dental offices and facilities: please call 1-800-225-3375 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM