To access Producer World®,
your browser must use 128-bit encryption. Should you need to upgrade your browser,
the links to Netscape and Microsoft provided below are for your use in downloading a 128-bit
encryption upgrade. Aetna Inc.
is not responsible for and does not endorse the content and browser update process provided
by these websites.
- What is Encryption?
- Encryption scrambles data into unintelligible characters based on a secret key. Encryption increases the level of security for the information you send from your browser over the Internet to Producer World. Most browsers support a minimum level of 40-bit encryption, as well as a stronger 128-bit encryption level.
Producer World only supports 128-bit web browser encryption. Even though we use the more secure 128-bit encryption, there is a certain amount of risk involved in any Internet communication, and Aetna cannot guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of information exchanged in this manner.
Understanding this, if you would prefer to contact us by phone, you can call for technical assistance at 1-800-225-3375 Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern Time.
- How can you upgrade your browser to 128-bit encryption?
- The links to Netscape and Microsoft provided below can be used to download a 128-bit encryption upgrade.
- Netscape Communicator link:
Please note: For Netscape users, Producer World is best viewed using
Netscape Version 4.75 - 4.77. Use of Netscape Version 6.0 is not recommended as it may result
in the inability to access and view some of the features and functions offered on Producer World.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer link:
Please note: Producer World is accessible using Internet Explorer Version
5.0 or higher. Microsoft requires the installation of the "High Encryption Pack" when using
Internet Explorer 5.5 with an operating system that does not use Windows 2000.
- Are there any other technical requirements for using Producer World?
Your browser must be configured to enable cookies (this is the default setting for version 4.0
please refer to our
Your screen resolution should be set to 800 x 600 pixels (this is optional, but recommended).