Aetna is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer, and our policies and programs are part of our broader commitment to creating an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. The behaviors outlined in these policies are core to Aetna’s values, and they also are required under our Code of Conduct and the law. Every employee is expected to comply with these policies. Aetna's HR Policy and Compliance organization manages the overall responsibility for EEO/AA policies and programs.
If you have any questions about the policies and programs, you should first contact Human Resources by calling the HR Contact Center at 1-800-AETNA-HR (1-800-238-6247 ) (TTY: 711).
Our policies are intended to make sure applicants and employees are treated fairly and have equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (such as recruiting, hiring, training, development opportunities, promotions, pay and benefits, social or recreational events), regardless of personal characteristics or status, such as:
- race or ethnicity
- disability (mental or physical)
- medical condition
- veteran status
- military status
- national origin
- sexual orientation
- gender identity or gender expression
- marital status or family status
- religion or religious creed
- genetic information
Our policy also covers and complies with state and local laws which prohibit discrimination or harassment based on other personal characteristics not specifically identified above, such as height, weight and caregiver status.
Our policies apply any time an employee is performing his or her job, regardless of location (company locations; customer worksites; company-sponsored or customer-sponsored business, recreational or social functions) or where any such conduct would adversely affect Aetna’s reputation. Third parties, such as vendors, contractors or customers, must behave in accordance with this policy whenever they conduct business with Aetna.
In addition to providing equal opportunity, Aetna seeks to provide a workplace environment that is free of harassment, discrimination or retaliation by any employee, manager or third party. As an EEO/AA employer, Aetna:
- Prohibits discrimination based on the characteristics listed above
- Prohibits harassment, such as insulting comments, name-calling, stereotyping and jokes, based on the characteristics listed above
- Prohibits retaliation against anyone who reports discrimination or harassment or participates in an investigation
- Takes affirmative action to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of qualified people who are available in the labor market
- Provides reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs
Our affirmative action commitments are contained in Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). Applicants and employees can review our AAPs during normal business hours by calling the HR Contact Center at 1-800-AETNA-HR (1-800-238-6247) (TTY: 711).