Two dental plans in one
Aetna Dental® Freedom-of-Choice benefits and dental insurance plan allows a business to offer just one plan while giving their employees the choice between two. It’s a Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO®)* plan with either a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)** or indemnity plan option.
- Preventive, basic and major services are covered.
- Company pays a blended rate no matter which plans employees use.
- Employees can easily switch between plans each month. They just need to call Member Services. Or they can log in to the secure member website.
- Members visit any licensed dentist without a referral.
- Coverage includes preventive, basic and major services.**
- Contracted rates with network dentists are often much lower than their regular fees. May help members save money by staying in our network.
- Employees can share a common plan nationwide, so dental insurance benefits are the same across all company locations.
- Members can get DMO* benefits with lower out-of-pocket costs, or switch to a PPO or Indemnity dental insurance plan for a broader choice of dentists.
- DMO* plan is available as fully funded only.
- PPO and Indemnity dental plans are available as fully or self-funded.
*State laws vary with regard to out-of-network benefits. In Illinois, DMO plans provide limited out-of-network benefits. However, in order to receive maximum benefits, members must select and have care coordinated by a participating primary care dentist. Illinois DMO is not an HMO.
**In Texas, the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan is known at the Participating Dental Network (PDN).
Dental benefits and dental insurance plans are offered, underwritten and/or administered by Aetna Health Inc., Aetna Dental Inc., Aetna Dental of California Inc. and/or Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Each insurer has sole financial responsibility for its own products.
This material is for information only and is not an offer or invitation to contract. An application must be completed to obtain coverage. Rates and benefits vary by location. Dental information programs provide general dental information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a dentist or other health care professional. Dental benefits and dental insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations. Not all dental services are covered. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and group size and are subject to change.
Providers are independent contractors and are not agents of Aetna. Provider participation may change without notice. Aetna does not provide care or guarantee access to dental services. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information about Aetna plans, refer to www.aetna.com.
Policy forms issued in Oklahoma include: GR-9/GR-9N, GR-23 and/or GR-29/GR-29N.