Tour for Aetna Subscribers
The following examples will show how the features of Aetna Navigator may work for you.
- Sally, a 63-year-old mom of two young boys who have asthma.
- Henry, a 67-year-old recently retired man who is a skier and hiker.
- Barbara, a 42-year-old married woman with constant back pain and migraine headaches.
- Roberto, a 24-year-old healthy man who is beginning to run in preparation for the Boston Marathon.
All very different people with very different lifestyles. Yet, they all have one thing in common. They use their secure website to get their personal health and financial information they need - when they need it.
- Benefits/Account Balances — What I like best about my secure website is that I see all my important information on my personal home page - in one location. I just log in using the user name and password I created. Then I can see that my husband and sons are covered under the health plan we selected. I can also get my account balances right online. I can check how much money is left in my health fund and flexible spending account. This really helps me manage my family's health care finances.
- Claims — It gives me peace of mind to know that I no longer need to wait for my explanation of benefits statements in the mail. I can get detailed claim information - for me and my family - right on my secure website. I see when my son's asthma treatment claim was submitted by his doctor. I also see how much my plan paid, my copay, and how much I paid out of pocket. I can even see details on all of my family's recent claims. And easily download this information to my computer. This really helps me decide which health plan is best for my family each year. It also helps me decide how much to contribute to my flexible spending account. If I have a question about a specific claim, I simply click on the "Send Message" to e-mail Aetna. I really like how they know exactly what claim I'm talking about!
- Find Health Care (DocFind®) — As a skier, I'm always tackling new slopes across the United States. Unfortunately, injuries sometimes go along with my skiing. That's why I like my secure website. I take comfort knowing I can find a doctor or dentist anytime, anywhere using DocFind®, Aetna's online provider directory. And - since it knows who I am, it saves me time by pre-filling in all my personal information for me. DocFind even tells me details about the doctors in my network, including what languages they speak, what hospitals they work with, and if they're accepting new patients.
- Change Primary Care Physician — Changing my PCP is a snap with my secure website. It actually takes less time than calling Aetna Member Services. I can even print a temporary member ID card from my computer without having to pick up the phone. It's that easy!Barbara
- Estimate the Cost of Care — Living with arthritis and migraine headaches is enough of a worry. I don't need to spend time thinking about how much doctor visits and prescription medications cost. That's why I rely on my secure website. I am able to find the estimated cost of office visits, procedures and more. Including the estimated in- and out-of network costs for the MRI that my doctor recommended and estimated in- and out-of-network costs for the dental cleaning that my dentist recommended.
- Pharmacy Management — When my doctor prescribed a medication to reduce my arthritis pain, I was able to quickly estimate the cost and the amount my plan covers. I also saw how much money I could save by ordering a 90-day supply through the mail. Best of all, I now refill my medication right online. And check the status of my order. No more forgetting to call my pharmacy or worrying about when it's open. My secure website works for me - on my time.
- Staying Healthy — As a healthy person who rarely visits the doctor, I didn't realize I could benefit from my secure website. But, I found great information about how to remain healthy and out of my doctor's office. Including information on fitness, nutrition, workplace health and information on how my dental health impacts my overall health. I even found discount programs offered through my plan - including discounts on fitness club memberships in my area!
- Simple Steps To A Healthier Life® — I never thought my health insurance would help me save money on the things I use in my everyday life. As a healthy person who rarely visits the doctor, I didn't realize I could benefit from my secure website. But, I discovered that my secure website gives me tools to get - and stay - healthy. Like Simple Steps To A Healthier Life® -- my online wellness center. I was able to take a Health Assessment right online, in the privacy of my own home. And, by answering a few questions, I learned that I'm at risk for stress, skin cancer and heart disease! I received individualized health reports based on my potential health risks and an Action Plan with links to online wellness programs so I can improve my health at my own pace. The nutrition and diet program I decided to take helped me figure out how I could make healthy changes to the way I eat. I got a program plan designed specifically for me – based on the foods I like, my health history, how often I eat out, and more. And best of all, the program was free of charge!
- Secure Website — Getting answers to my health questions is also a snap with my secure website. I can get information on tests and procedures or diseases and conditions. Before getting a colonoscopy, due to family history, I learned exactly what it was, how to prepare, and the risks that go along with the procedure. Taking the guesswork out of getting healthy - that's how my secure website works for me!
Activate your account now!
- Now that you've heard about the advantages of your secure website, activate your account today! It's easy and takes only a few moments of your time. You can begin by clicking on the Register now link.