Links to various non-Aetna sites are provided for your convenience only. Aetna Inc. and its affiliated companies are not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or privacy practices of linked sites, or for products or services described on these sites.
It's easy to get in touch with us
Have questions or need to connect with us? Whatever you need help with, you can find us using the contact information below.
Contact us by phone
The Aetna Service Centers help with benefits, claims, appeals, contracted rates, and many other questions.
- Medicare medical and dental plans - 1-800-624-0756 (TTY: 711)
- Non-Medicare plans, including individual and family plans - 1-888-MD AETNA (1-888-632-3862) (TTY: 711)
- Dental for non-Medicare plans - 1-800-451-7715 (TTY: 711)
- Voluntary plans - 1-888-772-9682 (TTY: 711)
- Worker's comp - 1-800-238-6288 (TTY: 711)
- ASA and Meritain Health®- use phone number on member's ID card
- Mental health treatment - use phone number on member's ID card
- Substance abuse treatment - use phone number on member's ID card
- Medicare plan precertification - 1-800-624-0756 (TTY: 711), choose precertification prompt
- Non-Medicare, including individual and family plan precertification - 1-888-MD AETNA (1-888-632-3862) (TTY: 711), choose precertification prompt
- Specialty precertification (injectable drugs) for Medicare plans – 1-866-503-0857 (TTY: 711)
- Specialty precertification (injectable drugs) for non-Medicare, including individual and family plans – 1-866-752-7021 (TTY: 711)
- Pharmacy precertification (oral drugs) for Medicare plans – 1-800-414-2386 (TTY: 711)
- Pharmacy precertification (oral drugs) for non-Medicare, including individual and family plans – 1-855-240-0535 (TTY: 711)
- BRCA genetic testing (precertification and information) - 1-877-794-8720 (TTY: 711)
- National Medical Excellence (transplant related care and cellular therapy services) for Medicare, non-Medicare, including individual and family plans – 1-877-212-8811 (TTY: 711)
- Participating providers can find more precertification phone numbers in Participating provider precertification list for Aetna (PDF).
Credentialing and joining our network - 1-800-353-1232 (TTY: 711)
Special programs and other phone numbers
- Availity® help - registration questions, help with user name/password - 1-800-282-4548 (TTY: 711)
- Disease management programs - 1-866-269-4500 (TTY: 711)
- Infertility program - 1-800-575-5999 (TTY: 711)
- Maternity program - 1-800-272-3531 (TTY: 711)
- Pharmacy management - 1-800-238-6279 (TTY: 711)
- Specialty pharmacy - 1-866-782-2779 (TTY: 711)
- Transplant program - 1-877-212-8811 (TTY: 711)
Get the answers you need here
If you have questions related to COVID-19, including those on our telemedicine policy, testing, coding for COVID-19 related visits, and additional resources Aetna is sharing to support you during this pandemic, please check our COVID-19 provider website.
To help us direct your question or comment to the correct area, please select a category below.
By using our provider portal on Availity, you can handle tasks for your patients with Aetna plans, including:
- Check coverage and benefits
- View Claim status
- Request Authorization
Relocating, retiring, job changes
If you’re retiring, moving out of state, or changing provider groups, use this form to notify us. We’ll need to terminate your existing agreement with us. If you’re moving or changing jobs, you can sign a new agreement for your new practice or location.
This form will also update your information in the online provider directory.
If ONE of the following criteria applies to you, please request a medical application form using the link below:
- I am a physician
- I am a non-physician health care professional who is not employed by an Aetna-contracted provider (physician group, hospital, etc.) I practice independently and I want to contract with Aetna
- I am a non-physician health care professional who wants to be available for selection as a primary care provider (PCP), and my state regulations allow me to serve as a PCP. I may or may not be employed by an Aetna-contracted provider.
Request a medical application - credentialing is required
Note: If you are a hospital based provider seeking to join an already contracted group, you do not need to complete the application independently.
Independent retail pharmacies
Independent retail pharmacies can fill out the form at the link below. Please fill in all fields.
Independent non-retail pharmacies
Independent non-retail pharmacies - such as long-term care facilities, home infusion pharmacies, and mail order pharmacies - can call one of the phone numbers below to request participation:
CVS Health - 1-480-391-4623
Chain or Pharmacy Services Administrative Organization (PSAO) pharmacies
Chain or PSAO pharmacies can request to participate in our Part D retail pharmacy network by emailing us this information:
- Pharmacy name
- Chain code/NCPDP
- Name, address and phone number of the pharmacy contact person
- Name and title of the authorized agreement signer
Find more options under:
Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of companies, including Aetna Life Insurance Company and its affiliates (Aetna).
Health benefits and health insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations.