Extra coverage to fill in the gaps
Aetna Supplemental Retiree Medical* Plans are designed to help reduce medical expenses by providing coverage for certain cost-share amounts not covered by Medicare, such as:
Our wide plan selection and premium options are available to employers of all sizes.
Simplicity and choice
Our supplemental retiree medical plans offer employers:
- Simplicity – We offer a standardized set of benefits.
- Stability – These plans generally operate in a more stable regulatory environment than Medicare Advantage plans do, and are not tied to federal subsidies.
- Predictability – Out-of-pocket costs are identified up front for Medicare-covered services.
- Choice – We offer a variety of plan design options to meet your cost and coverage needs.
Coverage with guaranteed acceptance
The plans feature:
- No claims to file for Medicare-covered services
- A dedicated, retiree-focused customer service center
- Freedom to see any licensed provider who accepts Medicare payment and is eligible to receive payment under Medicare
- Straightforward plans and benefits that may be familiar to retirees
- An array of discount programs and services designed to help retirees live healthier lives
- Both medical and prescription drug coverage – when offered with an Aetna Medicare Rx® (prescription drug) plan
*In Florida, this product is approved as a group Medicare Supplement and called the Aetna Group Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan (GMSIP); in Minnesota, the product is also a group Medicare Supplement and is called the Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan (AMSP); CO, KY, NY and WA refer to the product as the Aetna Retiree Medical Plan (ARMP); and KY and PR refer to the product as the Aetna Retiree Medical Insurance Plan (ARMIP).
The Aetna Supplemental Retiree Medical Plan/Aetna Retiree Medical Plan/Aetna Retiree Medical Insurance Plan (Plan) is not a Medicare Supplement insurance plan or a Medigap insurance plan. This is an employer group retiree medical plan and may provide benefits that are different from a Medicare Supplement plan. Plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company. CHCS Services, Inc. is currently the third-party administrator (TPA) for this plan. Members must meet the eligibility criteria established by their former employer and be enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B to be eligible to enroll in this plan. State benefits mandates may apply.
This material is for informational purposes only. Plans contain exclusions and limitations. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between this material and plan documents, the terms of the plan documents shall govern. While this material is believed to be accurate as of the print date, it is subject to change.