Aetna Medicare Rx®
Cover the costs of Part D prescription drugs
Aetna offers Medicare prescription drug plans that can make your dollars go further. And plans that suit the needs of your retirees.
We negotiate discounts with the pharmacies in our large, national network and pass these savings along.
Our plans cover both brand-name and generic prescription drugs.
Enhance your Medicare Advantage plan
You can get Medicare Part D coverage included with our Medicare Advantage plans. This offers comprehensive coverage for your retirees. The combined coverage can help lead to healthier retirees and a healthier bottom line.
Stand-alone prescription drug coverage
You also can offer Medicare prescription drug coverage as a stand-alone benefit, or alongside any existing health plan already offered to retirees.
Benefits beyond Medicare Part D
An Aetna Medicare Rx® Plan offers your retirees:
- Coverage for a wide selection of top generic and brand-name Part D medications used by Medicare members
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery®, providing free, standard delivery of regularly used prescriptions – particularly helpful for maintenance medications
- Access to our nationwide network of more than 65,000 neighborhood pharmacies
- Access to Aetna Specialty Pharmacy® for hard-to-find medications, such as self-injectables
- Savings on health care products and services not traditionally covered by a pharmacy benefits plan
Plans are offered by Aetna Health Inc., Aetna Health of California Inc. and/or Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Not all health services are covered. See Evidence of Coverage for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location.
In general, beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances. Pharmacy clinical programs such as prior authorization, step therapy and quantity limits may apply to your prescription drug coverage.
Aetna Medicare is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Aetna Medicare depends on contract renewal. The benefits information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year.