Consider These Stories
Here are a few examples of how some of our Aetna Voluntary Plans can help people in need of additional coverage…
|We helped Joanne and Chris* make their mortgage payments when Joanne was hospitalized.
- Joanne signed up for an Aetna Voluntary Hospital Plan in addition to having Aetna medical coverage.
- A few months later, Joanne had a heart attack. She was in the hospital for 4 days, and out of work for 3 weeks.
- Joanne’s claim was processed. She received $1400 in Aetna Voluntary Hospital Plan benefits. Joanne used $1000 to make her mortgage payment and $400 towards paying her medical bills.
- Joanne is relieved because she didn’t have to dip into savings to pay her mortgage.
|We helped Andrea* pay for day care when she broke her leg.
- A single mom with twin toddlers, Andrea has Aetna medical insurance and also signed up for an Aetna Voluntary Hospital Plan.
- Andrea broke her leg and was in the hospital for 3 days. Her children needed day care.
- Andrea’s claim was processed. She received $1300 in Aetna Voluntary Hospital Plan benefits and used it to pay for day care, with money left over to pay other bills.
- Andrea feels less stressed because she doesn’t need to worry where the money is going to come from to cover her deductible and day care.
|We helped Rob* pay for his child’s dental care.
- Rob’s employer’s health plan doesn’t offer dental coverage, but he knew his son needed a check-up.
- Rob signed up for an Aetna Voluntary Dental Plan.
- He was able to choose from a vast network of dentists for his son.
- When Rob’s son was examined, the dentist found a cavity before it started causing pain.
- Because the cavity was found early, Rob’s son did not need extensive treatment. Rob’s Aetna Voluntary Dental Plan helped pay for the cost of filling the cavity.
- Rob thinks his Voluntary Dental Plan was a great decision.
*Examples for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect events experienced by actual plan participants. This material is for information only. Providers are independent contractors and are not agents of Aetna. Provider participation may change without notice. Aetna does not provide care or guarantee access to health services. Health insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations. Not all health services are covered. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change. Rebates do not reduce the amount a member pays the pharmacy for covered prescriptions. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change.