Aetna Term Life Plan
An untimely death can impact your family emotionally and financially.
3 out of 10 households have no life insurance.1
This valuable insurance coverage gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your loved ones’ finances are more secure.
Life insurance protects those who depend on you and your paycheck. If you die unexpectedly, life insurance provides your family with income to be used to pay for medical and funeral costs or everyday living expenses. Unfortunately, many families today are not prepared for an untimely death.
The average cost of a funeral today is over $10,000.2
That’s why it’s important to have life insurance that gives you and your family real peace of mind without large expense.
Four great reasons to consider our Term Life.
1. It’s affordable. Coverage is available at group rates from a top life and health insurance provider, Aetna. And remember, life insurance is less expensive at younger ages.
2. It’s flexible. You can choose to cover just yourself, you and your spouse, or your entire family.
3. It’s convenient. You can pay for your coverage through payroll deduction.
4. It has an additional benefit. The policy pays an additional amount if your death is the result of an accident.
Aetna Short Term Disability Plan
Losing your income can be a life-changing event.
A disabling injury happens every second — or 60 per minute.3
This valuable insurance coverage pays a portion of your income for up to 6 months if you can’t work.
Your job provides the money needed for you and your family’s expenses — a home, car, food, clothing, child care, and more. However, this can quickly come to an end if a disabling injury or sickness prevents you from earning a paycheck.
That’s why it’s important to have disability insurance that can help protect against the risk of losing your income.
Four great reasons to consider our short-term disability plan.
1. It’s affordable. Coverage is available at group rates from a top health insurance provider, Aetna.
2. It’s dependable. For up to 6 months, you’ll get weekly benefit payments that are paid on time and directly to you.
3. It’s flexible. The money comes to you directly, you can spend the benefit payments on anything you need — housing, food, child care, etc.
4. It’s convenient. You can pay for your coverage through payroll deduction.
Here’s how the plan works:
You’ll receive a weekly benefit of up to $125 per week or 50% of your salary (whichever is less) if you become disabled. The benefit is paid for up to 6 months while you are disabled and begins after 14 days (or immediately if you are hospitalized).
Please remember these are group plans that are available through your employer and not offered on an individual basis. Please ask you employer to inquire about Aetna Voluntary Plans.
Life and disability insurance plans/policies are offered and/or underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna).
This material is for information only and is not an offer or invitation to contract. An application must be completed to obtain coverage. Rates and benefits vary by location. Life and disability insurance plans/policies contain exclusions and limitations. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change.
Policy forms include: GR-9/GR-9N and/or GR-29/GR-29N.
1“Facts About Life 2010” from LIMRA’s 2010 Life Insurance Ownership Study.
2Federal Trade Commission: Facts for Consumers; “Funerals, A Consumer Guide,” November 2009.
3National Safety Council, Injury Facts 2008 Ed.