Delivering support to you and your patients with complex conditions
Specialty medications* help patients with complex conditions like multiple sclerosis, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis or hemophilia. These drugs can be injected, infused or taken orally. Aetna understands that these medications typically require special handling. They may need to be refrigerated or delivered quickly. And they can be expensive.
Aetna Specialty Pharmacy® can dispense these specialty drugs in a cost-effective way. And we can provide the training and support that your patients need.
Tell us about your office
Take a few minutes to fill out the Office Profile Request form. The more we know about you, the better we can serve you and your patients.
Welcome packet & forms
Find our Physician Welcome Packet and forms for specific specialty medication requests.
Work with us and take advantage of:
- A health care team available 24/7 and devoted to your patients’ care
- Customized shipping and delivery
- Reimbursement assistance
Call us toll free 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
Our dedicated team of pharmacists and nurses is available 24 hours a day, every day to support your patients' therapy needs. Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., ET.
Ordering is easy
Place the initial order for your patients. And we’ll take care of the rest.
- Complete an Aetna Specialty Pharmacy general medication request form for each patient.
- Indicate delivery arrangements on the form.
- Fax your referral to Aetna Specialty Pharmacy at 1-866-FAX-ASRX (1-866-329-2779).
Dedicated health care team
Our team of nurses and pharmacists supports a wide range of specialties and complex medical conditions including:
Patients benefit from:
- Personal instruction on how to use their medications, including injection training and side-effect monitoring
- Health care specialists to talk to whenever they need
- Free standard supplies for self-injectable medications, including needles, syringes, alcohol swabs, adhesive bandages and sharps containers for needle waste
- Coordination of home care services, if needed
- And much more.
Customized shipping and delivery
You and your patients can count on:
- Convenient, fast, free delivery. We can send specialty medications to your office, your patient’s home or any other location the patient chooses.
- Prompt delivery. We track the status of every order throughout the delivery process. If a medication is at risk of being late or not arriving, we put a high-speed rescue plan into action — our unique Critical Package Recovery system.
- Appropriate, secure packaging. We ship refrigerated medications in an insulated Styrofoam cooler. Gel ice cool packs ensure the product temperature always meets the manufacturer’s requirements.
In most cases, you may place phone orders for next day delivery, eliminating the need to maintain large inventories.
Our reimbursement specialists coordinate all insurance billing and may be able to minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
We help to reduce administrative time and expense. We work directly with your patients and secondary payers, including Medicare, to complete and file health claims in a timely manner.