With a strong focus on health care, Aetna is committed to helping members live longer, healthier lives. That includes:
- While you’re living – Access to wellness programs including vision, hearing and fitness.
- At the end of your life – Care Advocacy Services to help members address quality of life issues. For members who have both Aetna medical and life coverage, the Care Advocacy Services will be coupled with coordinated nurse case manager support.
While you’re living …
An important component of living longer is staying healthy. Through the Aetna Life Essentials program, you have access to Aetna’s wellness programs such as:
- Aetna VisionSM Discount Program
- Aetna HearingSM Discount Program
- Aetna FitnessSM Discount Program
- Waterpik® Discount Program
Aetna VisionSM Discount Program
This program offers you and your family savings on many eye care products and services, including eye exams, eyeglasses, LASIK surgery, contact lenses, nonprescription sunglasses, contact lens solutions and other eye care accessories.
Aetna HearingSM Discount Program
Save on hearing exams, hearing services and hearing aids.
Aetna FitnessSM Discount Program
Save on gym memberships, home exercise products and equipment and more.
Waterpik® Discount Program
Two Special Offers for Aetna Members:
- Waterpik Ultra Dental Water Jet – Easier and More Effective than Floss, for Healthier Gums in 14 Days - Guaranteed. Your mouth will be cleaner and fresher than ever, and you can save money over time on expensive dental procedures.
- Waterpik Sensonic Professional Sonic Toothbrush – 25% faster and clinically proven to remove significantly more plaque than other Sonic Toothbrushes! Special Features: 2 minute time, 30 second quadrant pacer, dual speed control, and 3 brush heads included - Standard, Small, and Interdental Brush. Buy the Waterpik Sensonic Professional now for only $49.99 plus shipping and handling.
Total disability, life limiting conditions and accident losses …
As an Aetna Life Insurance member, you are encouraged to contact our Care Advocate when:
- You are not able to work due to permanent and total disability;
- You are terminally ill and have applied for Aetna's accelerated death benefit; or
- You have sustained an injury that has resulted in a loss covered by your accident coverage.
Aetna’s Care Advocate will serve as your dedicated care sponsor when you are dealing with the struggles of having to live with a disabling, life limiting condition or you have suffered an unexpected loss as the result of an accident. The Care Advocate will coordinate the use of community based programs and services and help you and/or your caregivers to obtain resources necessary to effectively manage your physical and emotional needs.
When an accelerated death benefit or accident claim is paid, the Care Advocate will call the member to offer help as the member works through the day-to-day challenges of having to deal with their situation.