Get low- or no-cost health care
Medicaid is health care coverage for people with lower incomes, special needs or disabilities. It helps families, children and some older adults. Medicaid is offered at no or very low costs for those who qualify.
To find out if you qualify for your state’s Medicaid program, visit medicaid.gov.
Medicaid may cover:
- Preventive care
- Routine care
- Prenatal visits
- Emergency care
- Hospital services
We manage Medicaid insurance plans in many states. We also run Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) and Medicare Advantage and long-term care programs in some states.
Our plans go by different names in different states. They all offer the same high-quality care.
Find your state:
How your Aetna Medicaid plan works
- You pick a primary care provider (PCP) from our large list. You can pick a different PCP for each covered member in your family.
- Go to your PCP for routine and preventive care.
- Your PCP will send you to a specialist if you need one.
- You are covered in an emergency.
- Generally, no claim forms or bills from doctors.