Patient education materials
Tools, services and information for your patients that help save you time
Your patients who understand their health care and health care costs are better able to make the right decisions for themselves and their families.
In addition, well-informed patients can make the most of their time during an office visit.
- Navigating Your Health Benefits For Dummies. Your patients can receive a free copy of the book that helps them make the most of their health benefits plan. We'll mail one copy of Navigating Your Health Benefits For Dummies, offered by Aetna and the Financial Planning Association, to any address in the United States.
Get your copy.
- Aetna Personal Health Record (PHR). Patients can organize, store and share their health information in their PHR with their doctors. View a short demo.
- Their secure member website. Aetna Navigator® is the single-stop resource for your patients who are Aetna members.
Take the member tour and see for yourself how members can manage their health benefits, health care and health care costs on this website.
Once your patient registers for the secure member website, they can log in to find:
- Claim status and details
- Costs of tests and medical visits
- A doctor based, on their individual plan
- Fund or account balances
- Health information
- Lots of other tools, information and services
Your patients also get access to our Simple Steps To A Healthier Life® program, which offers personalized guidance and resources to help patients meet health goals.
DocFind® online provider directory. DocFind lets your patients look up a doctor using factors that are important to them, like location, gender or language spoken. Visit DocFind and see how easy it is for them to use.
Aetna InteliHealth® website. Your patients can visit InteliHealth for trusted health information delivered through our exclusive relationship with Harvard Medical School.
- Simple Steps To Better Dental Health. Your patients can find tools to learn about the importance of dental care and its impact on overall health.
- Online visits. Communicate with your patients online using RelayHealth, a secure, Web-based doctor-patient communication service. Online services give your patients an efficient alternative to phone calls and office visits.
Some of our language-based initiatives for patients include:
- Multilingual customer service call centers staffed by bilingual professionals who respond to benefits questions in English, Spanish and, with the help of interpreters, Chinese and 150 other languages.
- Information and advice from bilingual nurses who provide members who call our Informed Health® Line with information on health-related topics. We also have Spanish-speaking nurse case managers who coordinate health care services, and disease management nurses who support members with chronic conditions.
- Bilingual online tools provide health information in Spanish and English. These tools include Aetna Navigator®, our secure member website; DocFind®, our online directory of participating providers; and Healthwise® Knowledgebase.
- A breast self-exam instructional video available in both Spanish and English, available on Aetna InteliHealth®, our award-winning online health information site offered in association with Harvard Medical School.