Learning opportunities from Aetna
Developed with doctors, behavioral health professionals and their office staff in mind
You’ve come to the right website to find free education courses and other resources tailored to your needs. Our diverse offerings help support you and your patients as you provide care.
Our Education Site for Health Care Professionals is your single source for administrative and clinical learning opportunities.
You'll find fast, easy access to education programs, live events, reference tools and timely information. And they're all based on the latest technology and clinical, evidence-based findings.
Live Webinar Events
Join us for free, live educational webinars!
During these free, monthly webinars, you'll get tips and tools to help with administrative tasks. You'll see how working with us is easy. And, you can take the sessions at your convenience—right from your own computer/desktop.
- Learn how doing business with us is easier than ever! (PDF, 132 KB)
Get an overview of new tools and resources, including a review of our products. You’ll also learn the tools and transactions that our secure provider website offers.
- Learn how to use Aetna's Claim and Account Management Tools (PDF, 131 KB)
Review the suite of tools available for billing staff, including claim status inquiry, electronic explanation of benefits (EEOB) and account management reports.
- Learn how to use Aetna's Claim Explanation of Benefit Tool (PDF, 132 KB)
Learn to quickly find, review and manage EOB information electronically, and request reconsiderations for claim payments.
- Learn how to use Aetna's Online Precertification Tools (PDF, 131 KB)
Easily see what services require precertification. And, learn quick steps to requesting precertification online.
- Learn how to use Aetna Voice Advantage (PDF, 79 KB)
Find out how to quickly check eligibility and benefits, claim status and precertification requirements through our automated phone system.
- Learn how to use Aetna's Secure Provider Website (PDF, 81 KB)
See how the tools and resources available on this website makes it easier to work with us
Get a more complete picture of your patients' health
We're making it easier for patients to keep track of and share important health information with you through our Personal Health Record (PHR). This can help you better coordinate their care. See the sample Personal Health Record on our Education Site for Health Care Professionals. Go to "Reference Tools." Encourage your patients to update and share their PHR with you. You can view a short video on the PHR.
A range of offerings on our Education Site
A few of the many topics covered include:
- Continuing education
- Electronic transactions
- Cultural competency
- Patient safety
- Plan benefits
On our site, you'll be able to:
- Complete free CME courses (for doctors, nurses and case managers)
- Take non-credit course offerings to make office administration easier
- Listen to recorded events and podcasts
- Browse our calendar for online webinars and live events
- View and download valuable reference tools that make your job easier
Simple, flexible and efficient
We know you're busy. So our Education Site makes it easy for to do what you need.
- Simple navigation and log-in
- Full or limited access levels, based on your participation status with us
- Secure, unique ID/password for each learner (different from the one you use for our secure provider website)
- Intuitive search and course enrollment
- Easy way to "Refer a Colleague"
- Simple podcast structure with choice and flexibility