How to submit a refund
If you identify an overpayment
- If you received an overpayment, please submit the following information to Aetna:
- A refund check issued to Aetna in the amount of the overpayment
- Supporting documentation, including but not limited to items such as:
- A letter explaining the reason for the refund
- A copy of the provider's Explanation of Benefit statement
- In the case of incorrect coordination of benefits, the primary carrier's explanation of benefits statement
- Corrected bill
- Any other documentation which would assist in accurate crediting of the refund
- The name and ID number of the member for whom we have overpaid. Include a copy of the member's Aetna ID card, if available.
- The dates of service involved
Mail this information to the address on the Explanation of Benefits statement or the member's identification card. Once we receive the information, we will correct the member's file.
If the member's identification card is not readily available, send information to:
Traditional And HMO Submissions
P.O. Box 14079
Lexington, KY 40512-4079
If Aetna Identifies an Overpayment
If we identify an overpayment and request a refund, please mail the check, along with a copy of the letter we send you, to the address provided in the letter.