Payment Estimator for Providers
You can accurately estimate how much your patients will owe for an office visit or procedure. As part of Aetna’s commitment to transparency, our Payment Estimator transaction is available to participating providers through our secure provider website and through Availity. We're also rolling the transaction out on other vendors' websites. You can visit our electronic transaction vendor grid for more information.
This tool will help your office estimate how much Aetna will pay for services, and how much your patient will owe for services. Plus, you can use it prior to your patient’s scheduled appointment or procedure.
Benefits of using the Payment Estimator
After entering basic patient and claims information, Payment Estimator uses your fee schedule and your patients’ benefits plans to:
- Supply your office with an estimated Aetna payment amount
- Give your office reliable estimates of patient copayments, coinsurance and deductibles
- Provide printable information to help you initiate financial discussions with patients prior to, or at time of care
- Reduce, and potentially eliminate after-the-fact financial surprises for you and your patients
Access our Payment Estimator for your Aetna patients
Learn more about the Payment Estimator
- For additional information about Payment Estimator, click on one of our documents below:
- For additional information on the secure provider website tool, visit the NaviNet/Aetna Payment Estimator website and select Workflow Process. And be sure to check out the Information for your Patients section for tips on providing estimate information to your patients.
- You can also take the Payment Estimator for Providers online course, available through our provider education site.
- For additional information on Availity’s CareCost EstimatorSM tool, you can register for a live webinar.