ERA, EFT and Electronic EOBs
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
- Obtain claim payment information online via ERA, eliminating paper explanation of benefits (EOBs). This convenient alternative to paper remittances is available for all Aetna benefit plans.
- Learn more about ERA/EFT (PDF, 162 KB)
- Enroll in ERA/EFT by using our ERA/EFT enrollment form (PDF, 466 KB).
- You can also use the ERA/EFT enrollment form to request changes to your ERA vendor and/or your bank account information.
Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT)
- Receive fast, confidential and secure claim payments deposited directly into one or multiple designated bank accounts.
- Learn more about EFT (PDF, 400 KB)
- Enroll in EFT by using our EFT only enrollment form (PDF, 380 KB).
- You can also enroll in EFT online through the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH). You can visit their website for additional information.
- If you would like to change your bank account information, please use the ERA/EFT enrollment form in the previous section.
Electronic Explanation of Benefits (eEOBs)
- Not set up for ERA? Access our claim explanation of benefits, electronically, anytime on our secure provider website using the links on the left
- Learn more about registering for our secure provider website and how to access our eEOBs (PDF, 117 KB)
- View samples of our provider EOBs and how to read them:
Use ERAs (or eEOBs) and EFTs together and get paid faster, reduce administrative costs and eliminate paper EOBs and checks.
Get Started Today - Its Easy!
View our ERA/EFT Reference Guide (PDF, 78 KB) to learn more.
After completing and returning the ERA/EFT or EFT only enrollment form, you will be contacted by an Aetna ERA/EFT Project Consultant to complete the process.