ERA, EFT and Electronic EOBs
Save time and money! Depending on your software, you can get your claims auto-posted with electronic remittance advice. Sign up for electronic funds transfer to get your payments directly deposited into your bank account. You don’t have to wait to get your explanation of benefits statements in the mail when you can get the same documents on our secure provider website. Learn more about your options by attending a free webinar.
(Dental providers: please visit www.AetnaDental.com for information on electronic remittance and payment options.)
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
- Obtain claim payment information online via ERA, eliminating paper explanation of benefits (EOBs). This convenient alternative to paper remittances is available for all Aetna benefit plans.
- Learn more about ERA/EFT from our Electronic transactions and tools help documents page.
- Enroll in ERA/EFT by using our ERA/EFT enrollment form (PDF, 367 KB).
- You can also enroll electronically in ERA/EFT using EchoSign. Note: Use the - and + toggle at the upper right corner to enlarge the form.
- You can also use the ERA/EFT enrollment form to request changes to your ERA vendor and/or your bank account information.
- If you believe you are missing an ERA file, please wait for four (4) business days. If you still have not received it, please contact your ERA vendor. If your vendor is unable to resolve your inquiry, the vendor may investigate further for you, or they may direct you to contact Aetna directly for further assistance. You may use the Contact Aetna link to send us an e-mail.
Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT)
- Receive fast, confidential and secure claim payments deposited directly into one or multiple designated bank accounts.
- Learn more about EFT by going to our Electronic transactions and tools help documents page.
- Enroll in EFT by using our EFT only enrollment form (PDF, 354 KB).
- You can also enroll in EFT online through the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH). You can visit their website for additional information.
- If you would like to change your bank account information, please use the ERA/EFT enrollment form in the previous section.
- NOTE: EFT enrollment information may be accessed by all Aetna affiliates, including Innovation Health Holdings, LLC and Coventry Health Care, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries.
- Want to get patient payments electronically, too? Learn more about Money2SM for Health.
- If you believe you are missing an EFT, please review your account over a four (4) day range to see if the funds have settled on a different day. If you are still unable to find the missing EFT, please contact your bank for assistance. If your bank is unable to resolve your inquiry, please contact Aetna directly for further assistance. You may use the Contact Aetna link to send us an e-mail.
Electronic Explanation of Benefits (eEOBs)
- Not set up for ERA? Access our claim explanation of benefits, electronically, anytime on our secure provider website using the links on the left
- Get tips on using the Claim Explanation of Benefits tool here.