Billing, Payment & Reimbursement
Information on our billing, payment and reimbursement policies:
- Aetna offers electronic remittance advice (ERA) and electronic funds transfer (EFT). You can also obtain electronic (online) copies of your EOBs (eEOBs) from our secure provider website. Click on the link for additional information on ERA, EFT and eEOBs.
- Enroll in electronic remittance advice (ERA) and electronic funds transfer (EFT). You may view our ERA/EFT Reference Guide (PDF, 79 KB) or enroll directly by using our ERA/EFT enrollment form (PDF, 466 KB) or EFT Only enrollment form (PDF, 380 KB).
- You can also enroll in electronic funds transfer through the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH). Please visit their website for additional information.
- If you would like to change your ERA vendor and/or your bank account information, please use the ERA/EFT enrollment form above.
- If you received a letter from Aetna dated March 1, 2013 about shutting off your paper EOBs but you would like to opt-out, please complete and return this form: Opt out form (PDF, 301 KB).
- If you received a letter from Aetna dated March 1, 2013 about shutting off your paper EOBs but you would like to opt-out, please complete and return this form: (PDF, 304 KB)
- We will only accept opt-out forms from offices who received a letter from us. If you did not receive a letter from us, please use the Contact Aetna link on the right side of the page to submit your inquiry.
- The form is valid from March 1 - December 31, 2013. We will not process any forms received on or after the expiration date.
- We will not acknowledge receipt of properly completed forms. However, we will make every attempt to restore your paper EOBs within two weeks.
- How to Submit a Refund
- Why You May Be Asked to Submit Clinical Records
- How Aetna pays Out of Network Benefits
- State-Specific Guidelines
The information below is for behavioral health care providers.
Visit our dedicated site for dentists to learn more about: