Consumer-directed health plans: ongoing savings and engaged employees
How does your business benefit?
Consumer-directed health plans have advantages for you, as the plan sponsor:
- CDHPs encourage employees to make informed decisions about their care and spend wisely - which can lead to lower costs for you.
- You get the opportunity to realize lower company expenses through the cost-sharing of a high-deductible health plan. Plus, you can enjoy Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) and Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) tax savings on salary reductions that occur when employees contribute to CDHPs.
Tools are essential
With CDHPs, it pays for your employees to be careful consumers. But they need support if they're to make smart decisions about their care. That's why online tools and information are important to the mix. These resources help your employees:
- Choose coverage based on their needs
- Find appropriate health care and learn the costs beforehand
- Explore a healthier lifestyle
- Track their health care services as well as plan claims and balances
It's all about getting them involved in managing their health and wellness and the care they seek.
Take a look at all the resources we bring together for you in our CDHP online guide.
There's a lot more to say about consumer-directed health plans. More, in fact, than we can cover in this forum.
If you want additional information about CDHPs and how they benefit your organization and your workforce, visit our site or contact your Aetna representative.