Candidates and Political Action Committees
- The candidate’s understanding of and support for the free enterprise system
- The candidate’s need for Aetna PAC assistance
- The presence of Aetna employees, facilities or resources in the candidate’s district or state
- The candidate’s demonstrated leadership or potential for leadership
- The candidate’s committee assignments and seniority within Congress or state government
- The candidate’s involvement with and position on issues affecting health care and related group benefits
- The likelihood of the candidate’s election success
- Recommendations by Aetna PAC members
Each contribution goes through a legal review to assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
All contributions are directed to promote the interests of the Company and are made without regard to the private political preferences of Company offices and executives.