Information tools & technology
Information tools and technology
- Aetna was named a 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate for its Sustainable Data Center and Technology initiative. The Computerworld Honors program recognizes visionary applications of information technology to drive business and social change.
- For the second consecutive year, Aetna in 2012 won a ClearMark Award from the Center for Plain Language for its online Aetna Benefit Advisor tool. Launched in 2009, the tool uses a friendly virtual advisor named “David” to help people make choices when buying a health plan.
- Aetna in 2012 also won a Center for Plain Language award of distinction for its simplified application process for people interested in buying individual health insurance.
- Aetna was named to the 2012 InformationWeek 500 – a list that identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology. Aetna was on the list in 2011 and was recognized in 2010 as well.
- InfoWorld, in partnership with Forrester Research, selected Aetna as one of five winners of its 2010 Enterprise Architecture Awards, which celebrate transformative initiatives led by architects to meet business and technical objectives.
- Aetna SmartSource received a 2009 merit award from the National Health Information Awards program for best health promotion website in the Insurance Company category. The awards program is organized by the Health Information Resource Center.
- Aetna's secure provider website, via the NaviNet platform, was recognized in 2008 for innovative connectivity achievement with Health Data Management magazine's second annual Editor's Choice Award for "consumer connectivity."
- ActiveHealth Management, an independent subsidiary of Aetna, has been named a winner of the 2008 CDHC Solutions Award, taking top honors in the Most Effective Solution Provider category for ActivePHR, its intelligent personal health record.