Work at Aetna for one day and you'll find we're different from other corporations.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We strive to exceed customers’ expectations.
- We embrace technology and innovation.
- We invest in our employees.
- We bring positive change to our communities.
Our values impact our culture and how we do business. The people who use our services are our focus. Our values guide how we interact with them. There are four core values:
- Integrity: This means keeping commitments, behaving ethically and doing the right thing for the right reason.
- Employee engagement: We help our employees succeed. Diversity is valued. Everyone works to build a company that we are proud of.
- Excellence and accountability: This is being innovative and anticipating the future.
- Quality service and value: Doing business with us should be easy. The people who use our services should trust us and value what we offer. We strive to be the gold standard in the industry.
Here's what some of our coworkers say about our culture:
- "The caliber of people at Aetna continues to impress me. They are smart. They are caring. And they are fun to work with." (Jane, Customer Service)
- "At Aetna, I have the chance to do work outside my specific job. I am learning new things all the time, and know that there is potential for me here."(Jorge, Claims Management)
- "The environment at Aetna is different from what I was used to at my last job. Here we can dress more relaxed. Also, the people here are friendly and down to earth. They make work fun." (Mia, Information Technology)
Aetna has been recognized as a corporate leader in technology, employee benefits and diversity by national publications including Computer World, Information Week, Equal Opportunity, Latina Style, Money, and Working Woman.
Awards and recognition