At Aetna, we take great pride in creating value for the people we serve. In 2009, our work was recognized by a wide range of public, private, and nonprofit organizations and print publications. The following are some of the awards and recognitions we earned:
- Aetna was named FORTUNE magazine’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care category for 2010, the third consecutive year that Aetna has earned this distinction. FORTUNE ranks companies in various industry sectors in eight categories, according to their peers.
- In October 2009, J.D. Power and Associates certified Aetna’s concierge customer service call center in High Point, N.C., under the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Call Center Certification ProgramSM for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience."*
- Aetna was identified as the preferred partner for hospitals and health systems across the U.S. in the Davies Public Affairs 2009 national payer survey of hospital executives. The survey reveals a “strong preference from hospitals based on trust, honesty, business practices and good faith negotiations.”
- Aetna was awarded a 2009 Connecticut Climate Change Leadership Award by the state of Connecticut for its efforts to reduce its environmental impact.
- The CEO Roundtable on Cancer recognized Aetna in 2009 with CEO Cancer Gold Standard accreditation for its commitment to improving the health of employees and their families.
- Aetna was named a Platinum winner by the National Business Group on Health for the 2009 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles awards. Aetna was recognized in the “Healthy Weight, Healthy Lifestyles” category for demonstrating measurable success and documenting outcomes.
- DiversityInc has named Aetna to its 2010 list of Top 50 Companies for Diversity®. In 2009, Aetna was named DiversityInc’s Top Company for Community Development for its support of nonprofits that share its focus on building strong communities, ending racial and ethnic disparities in health care, improving health literacy and promoting disease prevention.
- Aetna received the 2009 GLMA Achievement Award for its dedication to meeting the health care needs of the LGBT community and for its leadership in promoting an LGBT-friendly workplace.
- Aetna was named one of the Top Companies for Executive Women for 2009 by the National Association for Female Executives. The list spotlights corporations whose commendable practices and employment records demonstrate that women matter to the bottom line. Aetna has been named to the list since 2002.
- LatinaStyle magazine has named Aetna to its 2009 Top 50 Companies for Latinas list. Aetna has been named to the list since 2000.
- In 2009, Aetna ranked 7th on the DiversityInc list of Top 10 Companies for People With Disabilities.
- Computerworld has selected Aetna as one of the Top 100 work environments for technology professionals in 2009. Aetna was named to the list in 2008, 2006, 2005, 2003-2000.
- GI Jobs named Aetna to its Top 100 Military Friendly Employers list.
* For J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Call Center Certification ProgramSM information,